[BozemanLUG] Regarding Fedora 23 and nVidia proprietary drivers?

Lou Caudell juglug at lcaudell.com
Thu Nov 19 00:41:11 EST 2015

I had nvidia issues a couple of Mint versions ago. Only the direct
nvidia download worked well. Built in, or open source drivers did not
play well and versions were not documented. It was hit or miss as to
whether the code version would work with the OS, X, or Gnome. Getting
rid of them was hell. Of course Mint didn't like the fact that it was a
proprietary driver. Mint 17 seems to work well out of the box, but I'm
no serious gamer either.

- Lou