[Discuss] FedUp to be retired

R. Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Sun Jun 7 18:12:49 EDT 2015

Wow, right after I try using it, it is decided it no longer is the best
way to upgrade...lol

"FedUp no more!

FedUp is the cleverly-named Fedora Updater, created as part of the
Anaconda rewrite for Fedora 17. Anaconda is the system installer, and
it was intentionally decided that it’s complicated enough without
throwing upgrade into the mix. So: FedUp, instead.

Last week (but after I’d written 5tFTW), FedUp developer Will Woods
announced that it’s time to retire it. Instead, the systemd offline
updates process will be used, and that will be integrated into our
standard update tools, so doing an upgrade from Fedora Workstation will
be just like any other update in GNOME Software (except, of course,
bigger).

Details need to be worked out, of course, including a command-line
solution (possibly eventually still named fedup), and what exactly the
Software UI will look like."

http://fedoramagazine.org/5tftw-2015-06-05/