[BozemanLUG] You Tube video on Linux Desktop

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Sep 8 08:52:56 MDT 2010

Ed,

----- Original Message -----
> Version changing seems to be a habit we all share. BUT why do we
> change?
> I have 10.4 working and all the bells and whistles with it. So why
> upgrade. I am going to sit on 10.4 because everything works for me.
> All the bells and whistle too.

I upgrade because I like the newer versions of things  On Fedora upgrading is more necessary as they do not support each release as long as Ubuntu does.  Fedora support is usually about 13 months.

I think for non-LTS releases, Ubuntu support is for 18 months or is it 3 years?  I know the server versions are different too.  LTS releases are 5 years?

In any event, it is always wise to upgrade if and when security updates stop flowing.