[BozemanLUG] You Tube video on Linux Desktop

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Wed Sep 8 12:15:14 MDT 2010

I agree with the take that we should not have to upgrade every 6 months
(Ubuntu).  I also realize I probably have very little reason to do so other
than my constant desire for the next cool thing.  But, to me not upgrading
is a "work around" for something that should be a given.  If your wireless
card worked in the last version it should in most cases work again.  Same
can be said for many other issues that crop up for users with each new
install.

If with every MS release audio or wireless adapters suddenly stopped
working, what are the odd's they would still have 80 or 90% of the market?
 I think we would be on a more even playing field.  But for the most part,
for most general users of general hardware, the new version of windows will
continue to work on their computer hardware.  There may be issues with
printer drivers (although not that often) or software but you can generally
install the OS on a two year old computer without fear that standard
hardware will stop working.

Rob