[BozemanLUG] computer setup question

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Fri Mar 6 02:48:57 UTC 2020

If I have a 120 GB SSD as a primary drive and a secondary drive as a
spinning platter drive, how hard is it to setup Linux on the SSD and then
move my home partition to the secondary drive? My thinking is if I install
only linux I would want the speed on the SSD. But installing games using
wine or proton I would assume they install in my home directory and I am
trying to think of the easiest way to be able to install those games but
not fill up the SSD. My thought was if I moved my home directory and
mounted it on the secondary drive it would solve my problem?

My other option would be to dual boot between Windows and Linux in which
case I would install windows on the SSD and just dump all of Linux on part
of the secondary drive. This would be the easiest and would allow my to
boot into windows if needed.

Any thoughts from you all?

Rob Potter