[BozemanLUG] News about RMS...

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Sep 18 02:43:25 UTC 2019

Greetings,

Just in case you didn't see the news, on September 16, 2019, Richard M. Stallman, founder and president of the Free Software Foundation, resigned as president and from its board of directors.

Why?  There is a lot of conjecture on the subject but most of it seems to be directed at statements he made via email in defense of Marvin Minsky (deceased), against allegations of sexual abuse in connection with Jeffrey Epstein's (deceased) alleged child sex trafficking operation.  Some see this recent controversy as just the latest item in a somewhat lengthy list of questionable behavior during his decades of service in the free software movement.  What to believe and what not to, it is hard to sort out.

Richard is 66 years old and while I have no idea if he is interested in retiring... I hope he can find a way to slow down a bit and smell the roses.  Thanks Richard!