[BozemanLUG] September Meeting

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Sep 4 23:16:14 UTC 2019

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Crapola scott. Pinky and the floyd is playing big sky for the last
> concert of the year. I will totally host a shin dig post concerto
> and we can discuss anything you want. Like you guys should really
> come up for the concert. It is such a great time.

Justin indirectly invited us all to go see Pinky and the Floyd in Big Sky rather than going to our meeting... but I'm guessing none of the rest of us are interested in that, eh?  I like Pink Floyd and live music well enough but... with such short notice, thanks, but no thanks.

So far as topics go... I thought we could watch a couple of shortish (~20 each) videos.  One where Greg KH (everyone knows who he is I'm hoping) talks about the CPU hardware security issues and the various Linux kernel mitigations for them... from a fairly high level we can understand.  Another one to pick from would be a Linux History presentation by Bryan Lunduke (who I jokingly call my nemesis).  Yet another would be a select video of an interview with one or any combination of Dennis Ritchie, Ken Thompson and Brian Kernighan on UNIX history.

Thoughts?  Anyone else have any topics to volunteer?