[BozemanLUG] A quick ted talk

David Eder david at eder.us
Sun Nov 24 16:29:58 UTC 2019

A number of years ago, it was discovered that soap bubbles act a lot like quantum computers and were thought to be able to solve exponential problems instantly.  The problem was that encoding and then decoding problems into soap bubbles was itself an exponential problem.  Much of today's quantum problems seem to be the same way.  Entangling qubits seems to be an exponential problem.  Reading them without destroying them also seems to be exponential in complexity.  It may take a quantum computer to build a quantum computer.

But if they are coming, now is the time to be ready if your secrets will still have value when they do arrive.

BTW, the plans for a quantum computer are encoded in the background microwave radiation.  Unfortunately, they are encrypted with a quantum algorithm, so they look like noise.

David.