[BozemanLUG] A quick ted talk

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Nov 24 16:15:32 UTC 2019

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Craig Costello: Cryptographers, quantum computers and the war for information
> https://www.ted.com/talks/craig_costello_cryptographers_quantum_computers_and_the_war_for_information

That would be scary but all of the other me's in all of the parallel universes aren't scared.

We'll just start using Quantum computers to do the cryptography and then even they won't be able to break it.  So the first use case for Quantum computers would be the encryption of all data transmitted by pre-Quantum computers.

Once Quantum computers get up to a certain number of qbits, then it'll just have a burst of consciousness and the singularity will have happened... and I don't know... maybe the aliens will reveal themselves.  I'm not sure because I'm not fully caught up on my scifi. :)