[BozemanLUG] cell recovery

Snow, Ryan ryan.snow1 at montana.edu
Thu Jul 25 21:46:19 UTC 2019

Hi Ben, thanks for the email. I think she did try the rice trick, but I'll double check. I asked to see it and check it out myself a few days ago, but she still has it shipped off to Gadget Fix. If I can get access I can try a couple things too, but for now I'm assuming Gadget Fix has tried the basic stuff. I've just heard some more and they're reporting back to her that her case is pretty extreme and they would have to remove the storage and attach it to another phone mobo. You never know how far to trust the gadget fix shops of course tho. But when it comes back, I'll try some basic things and maybe also do some deep googling on it then too.

Yeah, thanks, I'm glad she made it out too. I grew up in southern Utah camping in the desert and hiking the canyons and every 2 or 3 years would hear about somebody or a group of people that got caught in a flash flood. Her story is pretty wild, and I'm kinda jealous in a way because after all those years I've never seen one myself.

Also, Robert, thank you too for the reply. I'll check on the Google Drive/Photos. She said she had about 80G of photos, so she might have stopped the sync for the size/bandwidth/battery, but it would be a nice surprise. I'll check on the plugin question, with her if she's tried, and if I get access. When we talked a while back, I'm pretty sure she said she did try that. Will def try when I get a hold of it, too.

Ryan