[BozemanLUG] Feedback on meeting last night

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jan 4 19:02:50 UTC 2019

Greetings,

First of all, David... thanks for the report on the BozemanLUG mailing list having a bad SPF record in DNS that may cause some end points to accept delivery of email.  I posted about it in the #ubuntu-montana IRC channel we use... and rednul (Donnie Lunder) was in the channel at the time... although I haven't seen any activity from him in weeks.  I also emailed the info to him at two addresses so hopefully the message will get through.

I did mention that I'd send along the article from the current (Jan. 2019) Linux Journal magazine entitled, "IBM Began Buying Red Hat 20 Years Ago" by Glyn Moody.  See the attached 5 page PDF... and don't forget the "-plus" trick I mentioned at the meeting last night.

I really enjoyed the lively discussion we had.  Even though we were low on topics last night we sure did have a great lengthy discussion and I'm sorry if I went too far nagging at Gary regarding his Prince 1999 comment. :)