[BozemanLUG] Microsoft & OIN

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Oct 19 23:10:02 UTC 2018

Greetings,

Tom (spot) Callaway, who is Red Hat employee paid to work on Fedora... sent the following to the fedora-legal mailing list (which I subscribe to) regarding the recent joining of Microsoft to the Open Innovation Network (OIN) group... which has 200+ members who freely provide royalty free use of their patents to members of the organization.  There are some limits, so Tom's comments and links below.