[BozemanLUG] WebAssembly tech in browsers

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sat Mar 11 12:21:56 EST 2017

Greetings,

If you haven't heard yet, WebAssembly is a new feature in Firefox 52 and Google Chrome 57.  I looked around trying to find a demo and here's the only one I've found so far but it works well on my Dell Latitude E6440 laptop.  Tanks.  It is a two player game that uses the keyboard.

http://webassembly.org/demo/Tanks/

What you think?

Supposed FPS should work just fine but we shall see.  Supposedly WebAssembly really makes WebGL stuff much much more efficient... and they have the Unreal Engine and Unity able to export to it.  Perhaps that will open up more games to Linux.