[BozemanLUG] ATI Card, Linux, & an Optiplex 960

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Mon Mar 14 13:00:58 EDT 2016

By chance are you using a KVM? I discovered using those DP to DVI converters will not work with a DP KVM. It wants straight DP. It might work to HDMI but I'm not sure.

Other than what Scott suggested, have you checked the monitor mode to be sure it's looking for digital signal and not strictly only looking at VGA?

I recall some Dell PC's out of the box refused to show a display until you first used the VGA to change the BIOS to allow it to use the on-board despite it being set by default to auto detect.

--
Warren Sanders