[BozemanLUG] Fedora 24 (and MontanaLinux F24) released today

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Jun 21 11:20:30 EDT 2016

Greetings,

After several weeks of slippage in their schedule over the course of the development cycle, Fedora 24 was released today.

I myself also have released F24 MontanaLinux builds (64bit only).  Originally I was using UnitedRPMS for third-party add-ons... but RPMFusion released a Fedora 24 testing repo yesterday so I switched to that.  F24 MontanaLinux exists in two flavors... one with most all desktop environments (2.6GB iso) and one with just XFCE (1.5GB iso).  Both include a fairly large selection of desktop applications and multi-media packages (from RPMFusion).

If anyone is interested in the remix or building their own, feel free to email me directly (dowdle at montanalinux.org) and I can provide more info.