[Discuss] Unable to boot after nvidia install

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Mon Jun 29 03:09:35 EDT 2015

help! :) I finally took the plunge and tried installing the stupidly
convoluted rpm fusion nvidia install. At first I thought I had a working
set up upon reboot. I even saw the nvidia splash screen...and that was the
last graphical element I ever got to see again. All I got after that was a
black screen. So I finally gave up and thought I would try uninstalling the
driver so I attempted to bot using the recovery option. No dice, error
message loop. So I then tried booting into the previous two kernels...
Still no luck. As it sits now it appears that I have a hashed OS.

So my hope is that you all can offer me some guidance so I can hopefully
repair things without a reinstall. Assuming my actual OS is not actually
hashed, is there a way to boot via live DVD and edit a file that might let
me boot into init 3 and hopefully execute the uninstall command?

Thank you in advance,

Rob