[BozemanLUG] Let's encrypt for php

david david at eder.us
Fri Dec 11 17:38:42 EST 2015

I've constructed an alpha quality let's encrypt client for php. There is
another php client out there, but it has a couple of flaws. First, and
most importantly, it only runs on php 7.  Second, it is hopelessly
complex.  As the protocol isn't that bad, I used the javascript
implementation as a reference model and made my own.  This one works in
old versions of php (ie the current supported ones for CentOS).

I have CentOS 4 through 7 to test on, but as it is Friday, I'll not
break things today.  I'll install the certs on Monday or Tuesday.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send you the code.

I doubt the letsencrypt people will care, as a much more enterprisy
client for php exists.  But for those of us stuck in the present, it
must fill the gap for a while.

David.