[BozemanLUG] Live USB with persistence ?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Jan 23 14:07:52 MST 2013

I was finally able to achieve success with the Windows USB Creator tool
(latest version) and Fedora 17 (but not 18).

Along the way I tried Ubuntu and CentOS6 live USB. CentOS is what I use
day-to-day and I can think of some useful things to do with it in a
live-usb scenario that hadn't occurred to me before (didn't even realize
there was a "live" CentOS). I'm not sure if I am an Ubuntu person, as it
took me 10 min and a Google search to figure out how to open a shell...
(more weird than OSX !)

Thanks for all the pointers. Now I need to get back to real work :(

PS, do not try to use the livecd-iso-to-disk that ships in the base
CentOS repository -- it is old and utterly broken -- it makes a drive
that won't boot.