[BozemanLUG] Another meeting is upon us

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Dec 2 12:37:09 MST 2013

Greetings,

The regular BozemanLUG meeting is scheduled for this Thursday (Dec. 5th).  I don't have a topic yet.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Fedora 20 should come out next Tuesday if they don't delay it because of a pesky blocker bug.  Looking at the list of proposed blocker bugs, nothing really is that important... so I'm happy with Fedora 20 as is.  I have my MontanaLinux media based on Fedora 20 done... for anyone who wants a copy.  I don't want to have the next BozemanLUG be a Fedora 20 release event... but I can do a little of that.

I've been using x2go more... and using GUI OpenVZ containers for remote desktops and it works fairly well.  So well in fact that I've been using a connection to a remote container for my primary desktop for more than a week now.  I figured out the tiny config change needed to make sound work... and over a LAN, it works great.  I can show that if anyone is interested... but that'd only take a few minutes.