[BozemanLUG] Unnamed DNS Server released

David Eder david at eder.us
Tue Oct 30 21:35:02 MDT 2012

After a month or so of not fiddling with it, I submitted it to
freecode.com, so it should be up tomorrow some time.

You can get it here:

http://eder.us/projects/unnamed/

For those not up to speed, Unnamed is a caching DNS server that can filter
DNS.  So for example, you like opendns.com, but don't like their landing
pages when you should have gotten an NXDOMAIN, you can now have your
NXDOMAIN back.  Or, you don't like ads, porn, etc.  Easy and fast
blocking.  You want to host your own dns, easy.  You want to filter mail
based on an rbl that knows what country unresolvable ips are from, easy.
Lots of features, easy to extend in C or Lua.  And did I mention it's
fast?

David.