[BozemanLUG] Interesting times for Linux gaming

Mike Stone mstone0802 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 11:51:46 MDT 2012

Honestly, Microsoft Office works spectacularly well through WINE. My wife
has the same issues with Office docs for work, but that was the only reason
she kept rebooting to load Windows instead of Linux. I just installed
Microsoft Office on Ubuntu, and it works like a charm.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM, David Boreham <david_list at boreham.org>wrote:

> On 10/29/2012 11:18 AM, Mike Stone wrote:
> > I mean, honestly, do you think that Linux hasn't gotten a sizable
> > foothold because Microsoft Office is just so much more amazing than
> Libre?
> Honestly, yes. I'd think about using Linux on the desktop, but I have a
> need to accept, edit, print, MS Office docs (because people I do
> business only produce and accept them) and the fact that I can't do that
> on Linux* is a major hurdle.
>
> ---
> *Yes, I know that I can open and edit MS Office docs in Libre, but for
> my use case it isn't viable as an Office replacement.

"Dawn: When men of reason go to bed."
— Ambrose Bierce<http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/14403.Ambrose_Bierce>