[BozemanLUG] Meeting this Thursday

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue May 29 10:24:55 MDT 2012

Greetings,

The regular BozemanLUG meeting is this Thursday (May 31st) at 7PM at MSU-Bozeman, EPS Building, room 259 (same as before).

I didn't have much for a topic for this meeting... but Fedora 17 was released today... and I've been using it for quite some time now... and have the MontanaLinux REMIX already built off of it... so I thought I'd make this meeting a release party with a presentation on what's new in this release.

I know there aren't a lot of Fedora fans among our numbers but I hope you can find your way to attend this meeting anyway.  My guess is that most folks who don't use Fedora don't know much about it... and I'd like to change that.  I'm not necessarily looking to convert anyone, just make you a little more informed about why Fedora is important for the Linux ecosystem.