[BozemanLUG] Poll / questions about upcoming Linux Fest in Montana

Bodhi Zazen bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org
Wed Jun 6 09:52:44 MDT 2012

It would be great to see, but, I can not commit to this as my wife really would hate it if I took time away from the family / work to go.

Perhaps if it on a weekend and a close drive and I can take the children ?

At any rate, I think it would be important to find a location as central as possible. This may be billings or Bozeman ?

Typically the more central a location, the more participation you can expect, especially the first few sessions as you are trying to establish. Once a Montana Linux Fest is established, rotating location starts to make sense.

Venue should be professional enough, your criteria seem reasonable, find the lowest cost option.

If people who attend are professional IT -> Hotel makes sense. Hotel or conference center, however, is too formal for the general public.

Sessions - Install fest !!
A mix of sessions for new users and more advanced topics would be best (IMO). Keep in mind, I have never been to one of these things.

Cost - That is more difficult. I would keep it as low as possible. Any idea of the cost and is there any way to give donations ?

Thanks for taking the initiative on this Scott.

bodhi.zazen