[BozemanLUG] One more thing...

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Fri Dec 7 16:51:18 MST 2012

thought I would jump in mid stream.....

Not "exactly" sure what the full conversation thread has been about, but I
thought I would comment on the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 was something I thought
I would really like to get my hands on. Not a horrible size and the price
seemed to be a bit of a sweet spot. However, I was in Office Depot last
weekend I think and was looking at their display of tablets including the
7. I discovered that the 7 will not allow you to rotate horizontally. I
asked the salesman and he said they have not figured out how to make it do
that so the assumption was that you could not.

Now I admit, I have not searched the web looking for answers to verify
there is no setting to allow that. But based on my experience it looks like
Google has it locked down. Right next to the Nexus 7 was a Samsung 7"
tablet that looked real nice and would allow horizontal view. It was
however a little more money normally (was on sale, same price as 7 at the
time).

Anyhow, something to consider if looking to buy a Nexus 7.