[BozemanLUG] A blog posting I just wrote

devlpr llc_lug at lcaudell.com
Tue Oct 5 08:05:49 MDT 2010

I once suggested to Ken that a mix of subjects would attract more participants. He gave me a look as if to say that bored him, but the fact remains that we were having a technical presentation, and then one of our rant sessions. If the new comers  were the least bit intimidated, they likely never came back. It would be better to have a presentation of general knowledge subjects, such as: how X works, or rsync, wireless setup, review a command, etc... along with a technical presentation as well. Even old pro's can benefit from a new implementation update. If this were a Java Users Group, then it would behove them to present concepts to the beginners, and entice them with more technical utilizations. There can be a huge amount of ego in the Linux community, we need to rise above that and make newbies feel more comfortable.

- Lou Caudell