[BozemanLUG] Ubuntu 10.04

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Tue May 18 12:58:26 MDT 2010

No I did a clean install.  The last time when upgrading from 9.04 to 9.10
things did not work out very well so this time I just ran with a clean
install.

What I did was backed up my files, bookmarks, etc. and then fixed my vista
boot loader.  Once I had vista properly booting I then used the MMC to
delete the partition that was holding linux.  Then I booted the Ubuntu
install disk and told it to use all available free space to install.  Then
after install I did the OS updates and transfered my data back over.

Over all it was pretty clean process and I keep installing all updates as
well.

The one thing that "might" be at play is that I run with the proprietary
nVidea drivers.  Since I make that change early on I have no idea if my
system would still have the problem without the driver.  And since I had not
been thinking about it until now, I have not tested this theory.  I might
have to.

-Rob