[BozemanLUG] User looking for wifi help with OpenSUSE 11.2 on Toshiba Satelite L505 laptop

R. Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Sat Jun 5 00:21:38 MDT 2010

I did a little research tonight and was having a very hard time finding out
what brand the wireless adapter was.  Toshiba never wanted to identify it.
I did however take a look at www.linux-laptop.net and found some info that
"might" be helpful.  I found an entry from someone who purchased an L500
(the L505 is part of the series).  On theirs they indicated it came with a
Realtek Wireless adapter and that it was not an option.  Further down in the
post they had a write up on what to do to get the wireless adapter working.
But, this user was installing/running Ubuntu.  However, I am hoping there
may be enough info here to help resolve this issue.  I do not know if the
L505 came with a Realtek but I would think the odds are decent that it did.
The write up makes it sound like Realtek offers a linux driver.

Anyhow, hope it helps.

http://homeport.org/~bcordes/satellite-l500-install.html