[BozemanLUG] Broadband wireless and Linux?

Sheldon Ross ross_sheldon at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:56:53 MDT 2010

I was just gonna point out that we (where I work) just switched from cutthroat to ClearFly, and it was significantly cheaper.
If that's the route you want to look at, try them. http://www.clearfly.net/  Of course, that's a dedicated business line and its gonna be spendy no matter what.

Ross

From: coolchingster at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:35:54 -0600
To: discuss at bozemanlug.org
Subject: Re: [BozemanLUG] Broadband wireless and Linux?

My sister-in-law has a Verizon data plan.  I have a rule, if I clean viruses off your computer 3 times in a row, you're getting Linux.  She lost, so I installed Ubuntu on her laptop.  I was surprised that the USB dongle modem was plug-in-play w/ NetworkManager!  BTW that was 2-3 years ago and haven't touched that computer since :)

So I would second the Verizon idea.  And if you don't mind rooting a Droid, you can get a phone + unlimited data plan + Internet connection (by using wifi tether).
Ching