[BozemanLUG] Broadband wireless and Linux?

Chris Ching coolchingster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:35:54 MDT 2010

My sister-in-law has a Verizon data plan.  I have a rule, if I clean viruses
off your computer 3 times in a row, you're getting Linux.  She lost, so I
installed Ubuntu on her laptop.  I was surprised that the USB dongle modem
was plug-in-play w/ NetworkManager!  BTW that was 2-3 years ago and haven't
touched that computer since :)

So I would second the Verizon idea.  And if you don't mind rooting a Droid,
you can get a phone + unlimited data plan + Internet connection (by using
wifi tether).

Ching