[BozemanLUG] Meeting this Thursday

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Oct 27 13:26:29 MDT 2009

Greetings,

Just a reminder about the meeting this week... Thursday, Oct. 29th at 7PM on campus, EPS building, room 259.

Topics:

1) What firewall distro to use - by Justin Krohn - He will be showing pfsense, Untangle and a couple of others I believe.  When challenged to build a firewall/router system for the local computer gaming club Justin tried out several and discovered exactly how they all differ.

2) Getting to know the competition, Windows 7 - by Scott Dowdle - A brief demonstration and discussion about the recently released Windows 7

3) One Laptop Per Child Lending Lab project - by Scott Dowdle - Discuss what to do with the 10 OLPCs we now have as a lending lab. This is an ongoing topic that will basically become an "every meeting" topic.