[BozemanLUG] No makeup Feb meeting, March meeting

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Mar 3 15:02:59 MST 2009

Greetings,

Sorry again about having to cancel the last meeting at the last minute.

I talked to Chris Ching and he couldn't do this Thursday... and we thought that if we pushed it to next Thursday... we are getting close to the regular March meeting... so decided to just skip having a make up Feb meeting.

So, Chris will do his Arch Linux presentation at the March meeting which is scheduled for Thursday, March 26th.  I'll send a reminder or two as the meeting date gets closer.

For April I believe I have a presentation on Blender lined up but have a few details to work out.  Anyone using Blender?  I'm not a Blender user and have had a real need create 3D graphic objects... but I've wanted to learn about it.  Elephants Dream and Big Buck Bunny are amazing videos if you haven't seen them yet.  The presenter might have to show the application running on top of Microsoft Windows (depending if we can find a Linux box with decent accelerated video)... which I hope wouldn't offend people.  Blender is available for Linux, Windows and Mac... among others.