[BozemanLUG] Back In Time

R. Potter rpotter at mypontification.com
Tue Jun 2 00:30:51 MDT 2009

Hey all,

I just got my latest Linux Journal magazine and stumbled on an article
giving a brief run down on a program called "Back In Time".  Think
Apple's "Time Machine" only not as pretty and more configurable.  I
quickly installed this thing and set about testing it.  The ultimate
test was could I create a snap shot of not just my Linux files / folders
but my production windows content.  The answer is yes!  You can mount
the windows partition (mine being Vista - I do a dual boot) and mark off
the specific folders you want to include in the snap shot and "Back In
Time" will take a snap shot of the content without complaining one
little bit.

I have more testing to do, but right now it is looking very promising
and I suspect will prove to be very useful.

Anyhow, if any of you are interested take a look at this:
http://backintime.le-web.org/

-Rob Potter