[BozemanLUG] MySQL Question

Rusty Conover rconover at infogears.com
Tue Jan 27 23:11:03 MST 2009

Did you check your resolution of the "localhost" host name in /etc/
hosts or where ever resolv.conf is pointing?  I think mysql can get
tripped up if it doesn't seem quite right.  It's been so long I forget
all of the intricacies of mysql's security model, I just know it was a
PITA since the config for access is inside the db compared to
pg_hba.conf for postgres.

Rusty

Rusty Conover
rconover at infogears.com
InfoGears Inc / GearBuyer.com / FootwearBuyer.com
http://www.infogears.com
http://www.gearbuyer.com
http://www.footwearbuyer.com