[BozemanLUG] Question..

Sheldon Ross ross_sheldon at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:33:12 MST 2009

To be honest, that sounds like a whole lot of wishful thinking.
Especially since your hardware doesn't have VT instructions built in.

VT instructions are what allow the guest OS to have near native control over the hardware(proc and mem at least) because they
are actually instruction sets built into the chip. So something like KVM on vanilla linux installations would give you the
best virtualization with the lowest impact, AFAIK.

You could always just get an SSD for a system drive and dual(triple...etc) -boot for fast boot times and switching between OS's.

Sorry to be such a downer, :)

Ross.