[BozemanLUG] Question..

Mike Stone mstone0802 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:52:48 MST 2009

This isn't specifically a Linux question, but you guys all seem to have a
pretty wide range of knowledge of the entire industry, so I'm going to waste
everybody's time this morning.  Sorry about that.

I'm looking for a specific method of virtualization.  Is there something
that is a low level host system that runs somewhat like ESX, but is designed
for workstations?  Something that would allow switching between virtual OSs
like switching between servers on a KVM.  I like the idea of VMWare
Workstation, or VirtualBox, but I don't want to have all the overhead of
another OS running underneith the OS that I'm using.

Did that make any sense to anybody other than me?  Does anybody know of
anything that does that?

Mike