[BozemanLUG] October or future meeting content

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Oct 29 12:11:54 MDT 2008

Rob,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'd really like to encourage folks getting involved on the MontanaLinux.org website... and they can limit it to the BozemanLUG portions if desired.  That is a resource that already exists... and it is a good place for submitting blog postings, articles, etc.  I haven't had much participation unfortunately.

Regarding virtualization stuff.  I've done several presentations on virtualization topics and have pretty much exhausted the topic I think.  I'm not sure if anyone is using virtualization in our group besides me... but I love to talk about it... and if you'd like some repeat demos, I could certainly do them for you on an outside of the meeting basis.

In virt news:

Proxmox VE 1.0 was released today - lots of new features and fixes
Website: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page
Release announcement: http://www.proxmox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750

In distro news:

Ubuntu 8.10 comes out tomorrow

Red Hat announced a beta for RHEL 5.3 and it appears they are continuing with some of the package version rebasing they started doing in 5.2 although the kernel is not one of the packages they are rebasing.
Release Announcement / Notes: https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv5-announce/2008-October/msg00000.html