[BozemanLUG] wifi router

Seth D Humphries seth.humphries at myportal.montana.edu
Sat Jul 19 22:32:42 MDT 2008

This may not be the best place for this but I need help.

I am needing wifi access in a MSU field west of 19th. I have power and
line of sight to the main campus. i have plans for a "cantenna" (aka
tin can antenna) that should get me enough directionality/gain to get a
connection but i need a wireless router with detachable antennas.
anyone have a router i may either have or borrow (for about 3 weeks)?
or know where to pick one up on the cheap?

If i get this to work I would be more than glad to share experiences at
the next lug meeting. I know it is not directly Linux/Unix but it is
hardware related and maybe there is some interest???

thanks
Seth