[BozemanLUG] Meeting reminder and new additional topic

Rusty Conover rconover at infogears.com
Thu Dec 4 17:17:44 MST 2008

On Dec 4, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Scott Dowdle wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I hope everyone can make it to the meeting tonight... just sending
> out this last minute reminder.
>
> The previous topic didn't look like it was going to take very long
> and I've tackled a new topic today that I thought I'd cover as well:
>
> 1) Howto make Fedora 10 LiveCD respins (for updates and additional
> software)
> 2) Howto create Fedora 10 LiveUSB setups with persistent storage and
> an encrypted /home
>
> If anyone wants to bring a 1GB or larger USB thumbdrive to the
> meeting, I can kindly create a Fedora 10 LiveUSB for them.  If you
> have enough space it can be the updated KDE 4 one with all of the
> multimedia stuff (including flash plugin), Firefox, and
> OpenOffice.org.

Hi All,

I don't know if I'm going to make it tonight, but I wanted to let you
all know I was successful in upgrading some FC5 and FC4 machines
directly to FC10 just using yum.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

Took a while to do but everything appears to be working just fine.  So
it is possible to upgrade "ancient" machines without a full re-install.

Cheers,

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover
rconover at infogears.com
InfoGears Inc / GearBuyer.com / FootwearBuyer.com
http://www.infogears.com
http://www.gearbuyer.com
http://www.footwearbuyer.com