[BozemanLUG] How about those meetings?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Apr 3 16:55:23 UTC 2020

Greetings,

I just noticed this morning that we should have had a meeting last night. :)

So, what's new?

For $3 a month, I subscribed to one of the MiSTer Project's developer's patreon.  As a reward, I got access to his beta release of the Capcom CPS1 core.  The CPS1 is an arcade design Capcom used for a few years for all of their standup arcade cabinets.  Most of them are from mid 90s.  So far, that's about 20-ish games.  After the developer is done with all of the games released on the CPS1 hardware (33 games - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOuPzhZ3MTg), he will move on to the CPS2 (41 games - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw4x2mq7c3Y).  Overall, I'd say that since the last time I showed the DE10-Nano at the meeting, probably about 40 arcade games have been added.  Not a bad haul.

I started teaching an "Introduction to Linux" class at Gallatin College.  It's an 8 week course.  As a result of everything going online now, I've had to set up a remote lab environment for the class.  I have a course VM that has a public IP address and then a student VM for each student with a private IP address.  Students are able to access both the course server and their student VMs via ssh and graphically with x2go (which has an easy to use ssh-proxy feature that allows them to go through the course server).  Anyhoo, some of the assignments are for them to install their own Linux OS in a nested KVM.  They x2go to their student VM and run virt-manager... and that is working remarkably well.

Rob, how are things with the Belgrade K-12 system?  My son Jackson is using a Chromebook he borrowed from the school.