[BozemanLUG] Getting ready for LFNW 2019

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Mar 26 23:40:12 UTC 2019

Greetings,

Here's who have shown interest in going to LFNW this year:
Gary Bummer (Bozeman)
Rob Potter (Bozeman)
Warren Sanders (Billings)
Me (Bozeman)

If anyone else might be interested, please let me know ASAP.

For more info, see: http://lfnw.org

Here are the presentations that look interesting to me this year:

Saturday:

    9:30  - CC-208 - UEFI Boot for Mere Mortals
    10:45 - CC-115 - Linux Container Primitives
    1:00  - CC-200 - The Current State of Free and Open Source Software in Public Education
    2:15  - CC-115 - A DevOps State of Mind: Continous Security with Kubernetes
    3:30  - CC-115 - A DevOps State of Mind: Managing Microserves and Databases with Kubernetes

Sunday:

    9:30  - CC-236 - The Fight for a Secure Linux BIOS... Past, Present and Future
   10:45  - G-103  - Sex, Secret and God: A Brief History of Bad Passwords
   12:30  - CC-200 - Deep Dive into firecracker-containerd
    1:45  - G-103  - "Just don't buy it"
    3:00  - G-103  - Q&A: Past, Present & Future

There is a Friday evening Board Game party with free food... that appears to be "invite only".  I've asked Rob to take a look into that to see how we might get invited.

The Saturday Night party will be a must.

I booked a room at the Best Western Plus... which was formerly know as The Hampton Inn.  It's that place that has the Fox Hall building.  We have stayed there a few times.  It isn't quite as nice as the Home2 place... but it is cheaper.  It wasn't listed on the recommended lodging places on the lfnw.org site... but I'm hoping we'll find a number of LFNWers saying there.

I still did not spring for the $80 registration that includes the tee-shirt, meals, etc... but I did pay the $10 donation and I encourage everyone to give them some money to support the conference if possible.