[BozemanLUG] August meeting reminder

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Aug 7 20:46:49 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I saw Gary at pizza today so I know he made it back to town for the meeting tomorrow night.  How about the rest of you regulars... ready for the meeting tomorrow night?

Here are the tentative topics:

1) Raspberry Pi 4 - Gary *MIGHT* get one delivered today as the UPS guy stopped at his house before pizza today but couldn't find the package... and said he might be back later

2) System containers with podman - I'm not experienced using them yet but there has been quite a bit of development in this area.  Seems to work fairly well on Fedora 30.  I wonder how well they'll work on CentOS 8?

3) The AV1 video codec - What video and audio codecs do you prefer and why?  Looks like AV1 along with OPUS inside of a webm or mkv media container are the future.  Have you compared the size and quality of any av1 encoded files?  Have you tried to re-encode anything to AV1?  Discuss.

Hope to see you at the meeting... which is Thursday, August 8th, 2019... at 7PM at the regular place.

Two other tidbits: a) I hope to show off my new eBike for anyone who wants to take a test drive and b) Burger King supposedly will start selling the Impossible Whopper nation-wide tomorrow too.