[BozemanLUG] Sept. BozemanLUG meeting

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Sep 2 16:47:16 UTC 2018

Greetings,

The regularly scheduled meeting for Sept. is Thursday, Sept. 6th.  Same place (Barnard Hall 349) and time (7PM).

There are a few topic items for the meeting.

1) Justin Blackburn will be presenting something but I still need to get a blurb from him which I will share later

2) "The Tragedy of systemd" which is a presentation video from the BSDCan 2018 conference.  "Can" is for Canada where it was held.  Our own Rob Porter posted the video to the front page of montanalinux.org.  I think the video will be a bit surprising if you haven't watched / skimmed it already

3) AI and Internet security - I ran across two videos that are somewhat related on this topic that I thought were significant. The documentary, "Do You Trust This Computer?" and shorter keynote from a recent USENIX Security conference that is quite humorous yet serious.

That should fill the bulk of the time but there are always the side discussions.  Hope to see you there.