[BozemanLUG] December Meeting

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Nov 28 18:55:38 EST 2017

Greetings,

I hope Thursday, Dec. 7th will work for everyone interested?

So, any topics anyone would like to volunteer for the meeting?  About the only thing new I've done lately is getting Ansible working managing Microsoft Windows hosts and that doesn't seem right for a LUG meeting, eh?

Any topics anyone is interested in learning about but aren't quite ready to present themselves?  I did a little reading on that Intel ME vulnerability and there is a fairly interesting video from the recent Embedded Linux Conference if anyone is interested?

I was looking at the Up Board alternative to Raspberry Pi.  I believe we have talked about the Up Board briefly in the past, but basically... it is an Intel-based SBC.  Their initial release looks like a clone of the Raspberry Pi.  They have since come out with two additional models... the Up Core (kinda their alternative to the Raspberry Pi Zero) and the Up Squared.  The Up Squared just adds an additional ethernet port and some additional, more traditional things you'd fine in a full-blown desktop system... like SATA and eSATA for example.  The Up Boards start around $129 and go up beyond $300... so they do NOT compare to the Raspberry Pi price wise... but they do have several different configurations to pick from with each model.

Most of us expect a new Raspberry Pi model next Februrary.  Will we get it and what exactly will it be?  If we only knew.