[BozemanLUG] Seeking financial donations for my brother's housing loss

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue May 16 17:29:58 EDT 2017

Greetings,

I apologize for sending this to the BozemanLUG and BillingsLUG mailing lists... *BUT* I don't do any social media and I don't have many other ways to promote this.

Basically, last week my brother became homeless when the RV trailer he owned and was living in was completely destroyed by flood waters from the Black River in the Portia / Pocahontas Arkansas area.  It just so happens that while the flooding was going on he was on a roadtrip to Memphis, TN to pick up my mother at a nursing home to move her to a closer nursing home in Walnut Ridge, AR.  When he finally got home that evening he discovered that his RV trailer was completely submerged and everything he owned (including his laptop computer) was destroyed.

Because he doesn't currently have access to a computer (other than his entry level Android-based smartphone), he asked me to set up a GoFundMe page for him.  While I'm the one that set it up, all of the funds go directly to him and NOT me (just in case you were wondering).

I know he doesn't live in the Montana area but if anyone has some money they could spare to help him out, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.gofundme.com/gardners-flooded-trailer-fund

My wife Shelly does do social media so she will be posting this to Facebook too... but her friends do not overlap mine much at all. :)

Thanks in advance,