[BozemanLUG] Time to get rid of grub?

david david at eder.us
Tue Feb 21 20:28:37 EST 2017

We knew this day would come.  Then next step is to eliminate that pesky
kernel between the systemd-boot and the rest of systemd.  It's just a
bunch of extra features that nobody uses that have accumulated into a
bloated mess over the last 20+ years.  We can make things much better by
getting rid of all that extra kernel cruft.

Looks fine.  They arch people have had this as an option for a while.
It can even boot the memtest so we won't need a rescue dvd for that.  It
may crash and burn with the Fedora people as they don't like the nvidia
drivers.  Currently rpmfusion updates grub2 and the initrd image.  Going
to something that makes all of the decisions for you may make things
difficult here.  We'll have to wait and see.

David.