[BozemanLUG] Removing Write Protection from USB

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Wed Jun 8 20:49:27 EDT 2016

I have a Windows 10 installer flash drive that I won't to wipe & use as a
flash drive. Windows does not want to allow removal of write protect. I
tried using disk part unsuccessfully. I hear there is a registry change
that could work but that just seems like I would be working harder than
needed.

So, I have to assume Linux won't give a rat's rear end about MS protections
and could probably do so quicker. So could any of you point me in the right
direction for using Linux to regain the flash drive? A utility or
application or something even simpler?

Rob