[BozemanLUG] Meeting reminder

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue Nov 10 16:45:06 EST 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I have a Fedora 22 box that I haven't upgraded yet.  We could upgrade
> it there if anybody is interested.  If not I'll just upgrade it this
> weekend.  Let me know if that is interesting or not.

Sounds like a plan.  We can backup your disk (with clonezilla to an external USB disk) before attempting the upgrade if you want... so we can talk about clonezilla a little.  Just out of curiosity, what is the storage capacity of your hard drive(s) in the system?

Another related exercise would be for me to build a LiveDVD with exactly the software you have installed.  Could you send me the file output by this command?

rpm -qa --qf "%{n}\n" | grep -v pubkey | sort > package-list.txt

That way, we'll have two paths to take if for some reason the upgrade goes badly.