[Discuss] MariaDB/MySQL & dnf repository

R. Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Sat Jun 6 14:19:58 EDT 2015

I am assuming rpm -e <package name> is a valid way to erase or remove
the RPM but even that does not seem to work. It's really weird. If I
use "rpm -e" along with one of the .rpo files in the "yum.repos.d"
directory I am told the rpm is not installed. Same if I use the name of
the installation file. It's very interesting and annoying. You can't
delete the files via GUI as the option is preyed out when you right
click on one of the files. In the end I used the "rm" command which
finally let me remove the repo's so I still got them out but it has
certainly been a learning experience. I still am not sure how to
address my desire for MySQL Workbench while still using MariaDB. In the
end I might just have to go back to MySQL entirely. :(

Rob