[BozemanLUG] February Meeting: Plex Media Server

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Feb 4 09:49:40 MST 2013

Greetings,

The February BozemanLUG meeting is this Thursday night at the usual time and place.

Will be showing the Plex Media Server.  I recently discovered Plex which is a fork from XBMC that has diverged greatly.

Do you have a library of media files that you'd like to easily index, manage and present up to a number of client devices with an attractive interface?  Plex Media Server is a GPL3 application that is easy to install and use.

At the meeting I'll show how to install it, configure it, import media, manage metadata, manage external/Internet-based content (channels), and how to easily access everything from client devices.