[BozemanLUG] A bug report for everyone who likes to laugh

Robert Potter rpotter at zoncko.com
Fri Sep 28 12:18:14 MDT 2012

Thats hilarious. Personally my issue is not that Ubuntu is trying to do any
of that stuff. My issue is when Ubuntu try's to roll out those features
while removing the options to disable. I can see people wanting to use that
feature. What I can't see is everyone glad that Ubuntu has forced them to
use that feature. It should be a simple check box option to enable or not.
and as more options are rolled out, how about the ability as a user to
simply mark off the ones you want to include in searches.

My beef with Apple has less to do with the "it just works" simplicity
approach and more to do with Apple saying thats the only way you should
ever be able to use your computer. Personally I see Ubuntu doing some of
that same stuff. I don't have a problem with them offering Unity, but I
have a problem with them trying real hard to force me to only use Unity and
to not be able to resize it or any other configuration variable with Unity.
At least Apple still allows those simple customizations with their dash.
The relevance with Unity to this situation, is the mindset is just an
extension of where it was when they launched Unity - in my opinion.

- Rob

*Disclaimer* I have not studied this latest hubub in great detail. I read
one article in the past two days and that was all.